forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Per document skinconf (was Re: coloring table cells [from the user list])
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:23:47 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 12:00 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:

<snip/>

> I am doing this with forrest:views. I think that is the way for a
> on-page basis.

<snip/>

>>fbits
>>-----
>>
>>How does this contribute to/intefere with work on fbits?
>>

> fbits are based on forrest:views. Anyway the RT gave me some good ideas
> for the fbits.
>

>>alternatives
>>------------
>>

> forrest:views

OK, I suspected this would be the case. Care to expand? I'm particularly
interested in where the config files are placed and how Forrest
manipulates them.

Also how does forrest:views + fbits address the meta-data issues raised

Unfortunately, I don't "get" what you are doing with fbits yet. I
understand the what you are trying to achieve and I like the sound of
it, but I have to admit to being lost as to the "how". So I seem to have
come up with my own "how".

I've been waiting for fbits to develop a little so that I could
understand from the code, but I am getting closer to actually needing a
solution for this (a few months of yet, but I like to plan in advance).
Either you make me understand the "how" of fbits and I contribute to
that or I'll have to get on with implementing something along the lines
of this RT (and Nicola's). (this sounds a little like a threat, of
course it isn't it's an attempt to avoid duplication of work. As I said
I won't actually be implementing this for a month or two anyway so we
have plenty of time to work out which way to go).

Ross