forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I help you ?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:53:48 GMT
Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I would like to help you - if I can - to correct bugs or to take into
> account forrest evolutions.
>
>   My question is : Can I ?

Please do.

>   * the link "The Building Forrest
>     <http://forrest.apache.org/docs/build.html> document explains." at
>     the end of the chapter *SVN Usage* is linked to nowhere ?

Fixed in SVN, will be fixed on the live site at the next automated
update). Thanks for the heads up.

>   I already worked a lot with forrest 0.5.1 - and make deep evolutions
> to be able to :
>
>   * manage translation english/french,

Internationalization is something we've been wanting to improve for
quite some time.

>   * integrate OverLib - javascript library which opens nice popups,

The goal of Forrest is, by default, is to produce as as lightweight a
page as possible. However, with the introduction of plugins in 0.7 and
the forthcoming fbits (not yet scheduled for completion, but already
underway), we can add customisations like this as extensions.

>   * manage a list of credits per page,

I have a need for improved meta-data management. Perhaps, when the time
is right we can integrate your work here into a wider meta-data effort.

>   * manage navigation links - in the banner - to easily go to the
> First|Next|Previous chapter.

Cool, I also have a solution for this sitting on my hard drive, but I
have never got around to bringing it into the Forrest skin.

If we can help you coming up to speed with the changes in 0.7 you know
where to ask. Welcome on board :-))

Ross