forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending DTD catalog in plugins
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:01:56 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I have a need in one of my plugins to add some DTD's to Forrest. This
> issue raised its head some time ago with Sean Wheller's proposal for a
> full Docbook plugin, as a result there was a long discussion (which gets
> interesting from
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109894335305317&w=2 onwards).
>
> The end result of this discussion was:
>
> --- Start Quote ---
>
> On Thursday 28 October 2004 12:27, David Crossley wrote:
> > > Do you see the benefit above?
> >
> > I think so. I will go mull it over with some
> > late-night card game and wine.
>
> Good idea. No rush. Do however consider that now we have plugins, the
> locations will change and this method becomes more of a necessity. Take
> the Docbook Plug-in as example.
>
> --- End Quote ---
>
> Since I am not very clued in with catalogs and their use I have no
> opinion on this thread, but I do need to implement something. So, if
> someone has the time (and the wine) to design a solution for *exactly*
> the problem described in the above thread then I will implement it
> (remember Sean does make a proposal that is discussed without a
> conclusion, so this may be a shorter job than you think).

This was sparked today by your message to users@ list. Assuming that
the CatalogManager.properties works for you, then this is not an
urgent issue.

I added an entry to Jira: http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-451
so we can review the use of Catlog Entity Resolver later. I, for one,
do not have time prior to the upcoming 0.7 release. Anyway, i reckon
that it would be a big risk to mess with that stuff at this stage.

--David