forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: planning for 0.7 release
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:49:18 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >It takes quite a while to get ready for a release. It would be good
> >to wait until Ross can help a bit because plugins is the major change
> >for this release. I will also be busy for the next two weeks.
>
> Is there something specific you have in mind, or do you just want me on
> hand if problems arise?

The latter. Actually it is good to have as many committers as possible
available during the lead up to release. It was a lot of work to get the
0.6 release out. I expect that 0.7 will be easier, as we solved a lot of
issues last time.

> (Getting the documentation published, even if only in a manual way would
> be important for example).

Do you mean the documentation for the various plugins?

> >Should we aim for a release date of Friday 2005-03-25?
>
> SInce it's Nicola's birthday I think that is a must - two excuses for a
> beer in the evening.

That is a date then.

--David