forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Per document skinconf (was Re: coloring table cells [from the user list])
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:17:44 GMT
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 23:23 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:

> OK, I suspected this would be the case. Care to expand? I'm particularly
> interested in where the config files are placed and how Forrest
> manipulates them.

I will answer on Johannes reply with an example.

> Also how does forrest:views + fbits address the meta-data issues raised

Sorry, I have not look close enough to Nicola's RT yet to answer that.

> Unfortunately, I don't "get" what you are doing with fbits yet. I
> understand the what you are trying to achieve and I like the sound of
> it, but I have to admit to being lost as to the "how". So I seem to have
> come up with my own "how".

Hmmm, there are some threads I wrote about it, but I will try again. ;-)

> I've been waiting for fbits to develop a little so that I could
> understand from the code, but I am getting closer to actually needing a
> solution for this (a few months of yet, but I like to plan in advance).
> Either you make me understand the "how" of fbits and I contribute to
> that or I'll have to get on with implementing something along the lines
> of this RT (and Nicola's). (this sounds a little like a threat, of
> course it isn't it's an attempt to avoid duplication of work. As I said
> I won't actually be implementing this for a month or two anyway so we
> have plenty of time to work out which way to go).

Ok, I will try to find time in the next couple of weeks for doing it.
Sorry ATM I am really busy (professional and private) but I was up to
finish it pretty soon. I hope if I can explain it to you we can finish
it together.

...BTW do not thread me. LOL. No actually you have been very patient
with the fbits. If you need it in the next two month that is a good
motivation for me to finish it. :)
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"