forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] HTML as base Forrest format
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:15:00 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> if you want to use html as
> source that is fine. But suggesting people to use html is backwards...
> can we use xhtml editors instead?
> That HTML should be deprecated in favor of xhtml and this move is not
> helping a bit.

Making docs difficult to edit by using xml is not helping Forrest. We
must support content from reasonably widespread editors.

 From your post, and from Ross's comments, I gather that this could be a
possible alternative route:

  Deprecate xdocs as a source format suggesting to use XHTML1.x instead.

We should also suggest a list of correct XHTML1.x editors.

Suggestions?

PS: Emacs, vi, jedit, notepad, etc are not the editors I'm talking about
     :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -