forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] HTML as base Forrest format
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:15:35 GMT

I would propose that we clearly state that HTML is the preferred source
format for Forrest sites, and remove xdocs from the site template.

This seems a bit backwards with the XHTML2 stuff, but I don't think so.

The important thing is that (X)HTML(1|2) is used as a source format, so
that many editors can be used and impedence on Forrest usage is
minimized. The internals of Forrest are not generally known by users.

This can also make it easier for us to do a step towards XHTML2, as we
will need to put in the HTML handling the same things that will go in
the 2 version.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -