forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Batlin" <a...@batlin.com>
Subject RE: Using cocoon blocks as plugins
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:34:09 GMT
Any luck with this? Would love to hear if you found a solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@apache.org]
Sent: 17 January 2005 14:56
To: dev@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using cocoon blocks as plugins

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> The location of cocoon.xconf can be configured in web.xml. HTH
>>

>> But web.xml is itself in a fixed location too (i.e.
>> main/webapp/WEB-INF. What I am trying to do is find a solution that
>> will not break the copyless behaviour.
>>
>> :-(
>

> Sylvain added an include feature for cocoon.xconf some weeks ago. There
> you could point to whereever you want:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

He he, now we are going round in circles - that's exactly why I have hit
this problem. Here's some background:

I have upgraded Forrest to use the new Cocoon because I want to be able
to create Forrest Plugins out of Cocoon Blocks and this cocoon.xconf
import is just what we need. I now have an Ant script that will import a
Cocoon block as a plugin. However, plugins in Forrest are dynamically
configured each time a site is built/run. This means that the
cocoon.xconf, with the relevant imports is built at runtime.

The projects cocoon.xconf is currently built in the
PROJECT_HOME/build/tmp It has to be in there (or at least some user
writable location) because the user may not have write access to the
Forrest install directory.

I was hoping there would be a command line switch that would enable me
to pass an alternative location of cocoon.xconf to the servlet. I think
I should move this query over to the Cocoon list, I'll do that tomorrow.

Ross

Ross