forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Batlin" <>
Subject RE: Upgrade cocoon in 0.7-dev
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:07:32 GMT

I have been able to add authentication and session blocks and created a
profiled/protected type of document. Here is the link : Hope that helps.

I was looking to create a plugin for this, once I get the hang of 07 and
cocoon.xconf splitting is done.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler []
Sent: 11 January 2005 12:48
To: Forrest Developers List
Subject: Upgrade cocoon in 0.7-dev

SVN head of Cocoon has just introduced the ability to split cocoon.xconf
across multiple files. This will make the creation of more advanced
plugins much easier to manage. My current project requires the use of
the Authentication and Database blocks, both of which require changes to
cocoon.xconf. I could do this work on a custom version of Forrest
locally, or I could upgrade the Cocoon version in SVN and make them plugins.

I've been watching the cocoon list and it seems the cocoon.xconf split
is currently working, but has problems with in some areas that we do not
use (forms for example).

Shall I do this locally, or shall I do it in our SVN. If I do it in SVN
I will ensure that I update it again if changes in Cocoon warrant such
work. Clearly I would prefer to do it in SVN as it will mean two new
plugins available for us (both only of use in a dynamic environment though).

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.