forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest Project Guidelines
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 03:10:57 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> (I'm making this a new thread, so it doesn't get lost...  -Dave)
>
> ----
>
> I reckon that the draft guidelines are now ready.
>
> The ASF Board Resolution that created the Forrest project
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004_05_26.txt
>
> assigned our PMC the task of creating project guidelines
> "intended to encourage open development and increased
> participation in the Forrest Project".
>
> We have had this document in preparation for a long time,
> so we all had plenty opportunity to affect it.
>
> In general, code/documentation does not require voting.
> However, this is such an important document that we
> should be sure that everyone is happy with it.
>
> So please vote.

+1

If possible, it'd be nice to see the whole "Decision making" section in
common Apache document, which we can just reference.  Of course these
things vary from project to project, but a lot of definitions and
explanations, at least, are common.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming