forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using cocoon blocks as plugins
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:49:03 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Alex Batlin wrote:
>>
>>> Any luck with this? Would love to hear if you found a solution.
>>

>> I've got a solution that works for plugins that only need to add
>> things to the xconf files, but it further breaks the copyless
>> behaviour. I am still doing testing with it and need to tidy it up a
>> little. Once I have done this I'll see what the community think about
>> commiting it.
>

> Take a look at the latest changes, there is now wildcard import, it may
> be useful.

Yeah, I saw that, thanks. It will won't help in this case though since
we don't include all plugins on all runs, only those required by the
individual project. This is to allow different plugins to implement
similar functionality.

However, it could be used to solve the copyless conflict, so when I have
finished my current project I'll write up an RT on how it should be
implemented in Forrest core.

Ross