forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: License & Copyright concerns Re: [plugins] pod-input auto install]
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:20:34 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:

>>>Thanks for this Ron!  Tested it out and looks like it works well. :)
>>>
>>>I've been going through the zip you provided and I have a few concerns
>>>however.
>

> D'oh.  Just saw that you just asked to have it added to the plugin list,
> not have the whole thing committed to the Forrest SVN ...

Even so, the points you make are valid with respect to correctly
licensing included files etc. Although Apache are not directly
responsible (since it is hosted elsewhere) I believe we should still
help plugin providers ensure their distributions are legal.

In addition I have made the *assumption* that we can distribute this as
a plugin from a non-Apache site, should I confirm this with the
licensing folk at Apache or can someone here confirm that this is OK.

Finally, I think we need to add a license element to plugins.xml, we can
use this to force users to agree to the license terms of plugins under
any license other than the Apache one (I've added this to the issue
tracker).

Ross