forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Using cocoon blocks as plugins
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:00:43 GMT
Alex Batlin wrote:
> Any luck with this? Would love to hear if you found a solution.

I've got a solution that works for plugins that only need to add things
to the xconf files, but it further breaks the copyless behaviour. I am
still doing testing with it and need to tidy it up a little. Once I have
done this I'll see what the community think about commiting it.

Even with this solution there is still a little masasging of Cocoon
Blocks needed to make things work properly. Furthermore, I've found that
there is lots of baggage brought along by doing a direct conversion of
Cocoon Blocks. For example, the Databases block includes all the stuff
needed for four different ways of accessing a database. I believe each
Forrest plugin should only provide one of these methods (although there
could be multiple plugins, one for each technique).

There is a further problem with blocks that require changes to web.xml.
I've not yet discovered a way of including content in there (not looked
too hard yet though).

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.