forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgraded Cocoon
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 06:41:32 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> For me build.sh test took 1 min 34 seconds with lazy mode off and 55
> seconds with it on (I only ran each once so this is hardly scientific)

Cool!

> Since the speedup is in the startup time and we do not use a huge
> number of Cocoon components I guess we would not see a massive benefit.

That was my feeling as well.

> However, a saving of over 30 seconds on a test cycle has to be good
> for the development processes.

ok, so we keep that as true.

I was looking on this anoying messages that was comming on the console
"Lazy mode: " Digging on the Java class I have found theses lines:

on /src/core/java/org/apache/cocoon/core/container/CoreServiceManager.java

    public void enableLogging(Logger logger) {
        super.enableLogging(logger);
        this.roleManager.enableLogging(logger);
        String msg = "Lazy mode: " + this.lazyMode;
        logger.debug(msg);
        System.out.println(msg);
    }

The System.out.println should not be there, just for the record, we
could wait for a couple of weeks until they finish with they testing stuff.

Cheers,
Cheche