forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Using cocoon blocks as plugins
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 04:45:19 GMT
I almost have the plugin build file automatically creating plugins from
Cocoon blocks, but I have hit a problem that I could do with some input
on and since I am going to bed now I'm hoping someone will know the
answer and save me some research when I start at this again.

What I need to do is tell cocoon to run with an xconf file that is not
in the main/webapp/WEB-INF directory. This is because the xconf needs to
be dynamically created to allow plugins that require entries in the
xconf file (currently the file is created in project-tmp.

I note that the "site" target uses main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf, which
in turn references main/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf. The "run" target
does not specify a config file since it picks it up from the webapp.

So how can I change the location of the cocoon.xconf file from within
the "site" and "run" targets (not necessary in "war" since we can simply
copy the files in to the WAR).

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.