forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Kupu for Forrest
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:59:36 GMT
Jason End wrote:
> I was wondering if I could use standalone Kupu setup
> to generate an ihtml page that a live Forrest would
> then publish.

I have a half completed plugin that (if completed) would allow Kupu to
be used as an editor in a dynamic Forrest site. I hit a few problems and
ended up using htmlArea instead. More because I needed a solution fast
and htmlArea was easier to set up.

Over at Cocoon there is a component to tidy the output of htmlArea, I've
not played with this yet (see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-395
). I also want to customise the editor so that it only allows valid
styles from our CSS.

It would be great if you could work with one of these plugins (I can
provide the unfinished Kupu one for you if you want to go that route).

> I'd set it on an SSL and password protected page, that
> would be reading my news.ihtml file directly from my
> xdocs directory.

I will shortly be creating a plugin that uses the authentication block
from Cocoon, we could use that (should be complete within a week or so).

> A couple questions:
> 1. Will Kupu always generate proper html code for
> Forrest, or could certain tags be problematic?

We intend to support html so we can make sure that the output is OK.
Having said that Cocoon is using the htmlArea widget and we already have
  a skeleton plugin for that so it may be better to stick with it.

> 2. Are there any security concerns that won't be
> covered by my proposed setup?

If there are would they be addressed by using the Authentication block
from Cocoon?

Ross