forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgraded Cocoon
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:52:28 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention, Cocoon is now outputting "Lazy Mode: false"
>> during the build process. I'm not sure how to turn this off just now.
>> It is experimental testing of lazy-loading in ECM++  (see
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110494735900001&r=1&w=2 for more info)
>>
> I had set it up to on, so people are able to do some testing and post
> here some results.
>
>> I've not tried turning it on yet, but it is supposed to speed up
>> startup time.
>

> In my test, they did not show up much diference, can any give it a go?

For me build.sh test took 1 min 34 seconds with lazy mode off and 55
seconds with it on (I only ran each once so this is hardly scientific)

Since the speedup is in the startup time and we do not use a huge number
of Cocoon components I guess we would not see a massive benefit.
However, a saving of over 30 seconds on a test cycle has to be good for
the development processes.

Ross