forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: Enhancing status.xml
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:18:39 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> ATM I'm more geared towards having a directory that contains all the
> project status docs, and an index.html file in the main directory that
> links to these. Each of these files coulod be in xhtml or in xml with
> embedded css for quick viewing (I had done this years ago for POI, but
> it didn't catch on at that time).
>
> In this way each project can have a full range of files for project info:
>
> index.html
>   project/developers.xml
>   project/description.xml
>   project/news.xml
>   project/changes.xml
>   project/todo.xml

Yes, I would agree with this, in fact I was thinking of this being my
next stage. I've just started a new project, once I have the team up to
speed (3 weeks or so) I hope to return to Burrokeet/Forrest.

I'll do the quick change discussed at the start of this thread first.
But would hope to move in this direction sometime in the near future.
I'll open this thread again then (unless volunteeritas gets in the way
of course ;-))

Ross