forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <>
Subject Re: Updating Forrest for debian, packaging questions
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:17:08 GMT
Hi David,

David Crossley wrote:
> Forrest-0.6+ has a default logkit.xconf and each project can supply
> their own logkit.xconf to override that. (I have not tested that,
> but supplying a cli.xconf works.) Would it be possible to not have
> a global logkit.xconf and make each project supply it, by default
> logging to a directory in their project space?

Ok. Is there a local logkit.xconf created when seeding a new site
though? If not I fear Debian users of Forrest will encounter the problem
until they find out about this local logkit.xconf feature.

I think the local project space logging is the right approach too though:

Turns out the that in logkit.xconf:

configuration is actually resolved via a o.a.a.f.c.Context object. If we
could have the user.dir/user.home/etc system property added to the
DefaultContext inside Cocoon then this could be:

which would create the logs in the build area of the site. Alternatively
project.home could be used as well.

What do you reckon mate?

      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
      $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany

View raw message