forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: Updating Forrest for debian, packaging questions
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:57:50 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
>>/var/log/forrest might be a better position for the logs but it's
>>still global, perhaps even better would be a local directory to each
>>generated site (perhaps we could use project.home for this?)
>
> Question is, can you get a value from an Ant property (e.g.
> project.home) into Cocoon and then logkit.xconf? How would you do that?
> That is really the problem you would have to solve, as I see it.
>
> Now, Carsten implemented a new ConfigurationBulder that allows property
> replacement in cocoon.xconf. If you could get it to work on
> logkit.xconf, you would have your way.

Well, ant has the "basedir" property passed to it, so it would be
possible to pass this to Cocoon via the <java ...> invocation as a -D
parameter, however logkit.xconf reads its ${variable} details from a
o.a.a.f.c.Context instance...

hmm.. still digging for more info.

Cheers,

Marcus

      ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft Corporation
      $       o_)$$$:   Frankfurt am Main, Germany
            \_&&&&'
           &&&&.
     &&&&&&&: