forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Updating Forrest for debian, packaging questions
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:36:24 GMT
Marcus Crafter wrote:

>> Is http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-356 relevant? (I confess to
>> not having absorbed your problem, or that in the issue, but instinct
>> seems to link them)
>

> This is the one. From Upayavira's email it looks like it's been fixed
> in Cocoon SVN (ie. the writable check isn't done), however the log
> files still attempt to write to this location according to the
> logkit.xconf configuration.
>
> Since I've currently got Forrest installing to /usr/share/forrest/**,
> we can't have anything write to
> /usr/share/forrest/src/core/context/WEB-INF/logs, as from memory,
> Linux FHS or Debian policy (not sure which one) says that /usr may be
> shared amongst systems and be read-only.
>
> /var/log/forrest might be a better position for the logs but it's
> still global, perhaps even better would be a local directory to each
> generated site (perhaps we could use project.home for this?)

Question is, can you get a value from an Ant property (e.g.
project.home) into Cocoon and then logkit.xconf? How would you do that?
That is really the problem you would have to solve, as I see it.

Now, Carsten implemented a new ConfigurationBulder that allows property
replacement in cocoon.xconf. If you could get it to work on
logkit.xconf, you would have your way.

Regards, Upayavira

Regards, Upayavira