forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: SVN Inconsitent Line Endings
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:09:15 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>I'm working on the auto-publication of plugin docs and have come across
>>a problem that I am not sure how to solve. In short the generated docs
>>have inconsistent line endings and this causes SVN to report an error as
>>is appropriate. This causes the plugin build file to fail as follows:
>>I've tried adding a preprocessing step of:
>><fixcrlf srcdir="${}"
>>      eol="lf"
>>      includes="**/*.xml **/*.html **/*.rss **/*.css **/*.js **/*.txt"/>
>>but this appears to have no effect.
> Probably have to comma-seperate your include list.

The docs say comma or space separated, but I will try comma, something
must be wrong and it's likely to be something simple.

>>Ayone got any ideas?
> I'd say we should find out why the HTML is generated with inconsistent
> line endings in the first place.

I did a little testing, here's what I have discovered so far:

- any file that is processed by XSLT has the line endings problem
- on investigating one such file (index.html) I discovered that the
generated comments from site2xhtml.xsl (such as breadtrail comment) have
CRLF endings whilst most other lines have LF endings.

I'm running on Windows, and get the same results whether I run under

To reproduce cd into any plugin directory, do "ant docs" and check out
the generated docs in build/site.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.