forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] HTML as base Forrest format
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:32:56 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El dom, 02-01-2005 a las 16:15, Ross Gardler escribió:
>
>>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>>>The proposal is simply to deprecate the xdoc format as an *input*
>>>format, and concentrate on HTML4 and XHTML1.x for the _source_.
>>
>>Ok, I'm still +1 as it is still an intermediate step to XHTML as an
>>internal format (one of your original points I think).
>>
>>Your further point of "Be forgiving in what you accept, be strict in
>>what you deliver" seems to work alongside my point of using JTidy to fix
>>bad HTML to allow Forrest to work with it:
>>
>>HTML --> XDoc --> Output

>>Thorsten, does you -1 still stand given Nicola's clarification.
>

> Yeah, -1 on HTML4 as official intermediate input format. -+0 on
> xhtml1.x.

HTML is being proposed as the source format *not* the intermediate. Are
you still -1?

This proposal does not affect the move to XHTML 2 as an internal format
(see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-184 )

Internally we will continue to use XDoc (and later XHTML2).

If any individual project requires a stricter input format it can
continue to use whatever input format it needs as is the case now.

Ross