forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject SVN Inconsitent Line Endings
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:51:45 GMT
I'm working on the auto-publication of plugin docs and have come across
a problem that I am not sure how to solve. In short the generated docs
have inconsistent line endings and this causes SVN to report an error as
is appropriate. This causes the plugin build file to fail as follows:

      [echo] Deploying org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output to the web
      [copy] Copying 1 file to
      [copy] Copying 1 file to
      [copy] Copying 73 files to
      [exec] svn: File
'docs/org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output/index.html' has
  inconsistent newlines
      [exec] svn: Inconsistent line-endings in source stream
      [exec] Result: 1

Interestingly, the offending file is actually added to SVN, however,
subsequent files in the list of files to add are not committed, that is
the commit fails at the file with the inconsistent line endings.

The part of the build file that does the adding of files is:

<!-- don't fail on error here because
       1) the targets file might have 'bad' filenames but we should continue
       2) we would've already failed if the svn executable wasn't found
     <exec executable="svn" dir="${deploy.svn.svn-dir}">
       <arg value="add"/>
       <arg value="--targets"/>
       <arg value="${deploy.svn.svn-filestoadd}"/>
     <!-- check in to SVN -->
         commitmessage="Deployment of ${plugin-name} plugin (deployed by
'deploy' target of plugin build script)"

I've tried adding a preprocessing step of:

<fixcrlf srcdir="${}"
      includes="**/*.xml **/*.html **/*.rss **/*.css **/*.js **/*.txt"/>

but this appears to have no effect.

Ayone got any ideas?

View raw message