forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial Forrest plugin
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 15:04:33 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> The question is where to host this work? I would think the best
>> location would be within JCharts itself and so have submitted a patch
>> to the JCharts patch manager
>> (seehttp://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1094265&group_id=16161&atid=316161

>> ). I'm not a committer on JCharts, if it is accepted over there then I
>> will add the relevant entry to Forrests plugins.xml file.
>

> I'll apply it, thanks :-)

Cool (and thanks to JCharts for the original code, made my job very easy
:-).

I realised after submitting that it will need renaming if it is housed
at JCharts since it is currently "org.apache.forest.plugin.Charts". I
also realised that I forgot to test it without all the libs in the lib
directory, some are already included in Forrest and so will not be
required in the plugin zip file.

One other problem is that graph4 in the samples doesn't work, I've not
tried to figure out why yet. Did this work in the original
whiteboard/xml stuff? (I never tried running from there).

Finally, I think we should consider moving all the whiteboard/xml Java
stuff into the plugin source, this will make building the plugin much
easier and will keep all related files in one place. The plugin will
also provide a nice example as to how the Apache Cocoon transformer
should be used should someone want to use JCharts inside a Cocoon app.

I've already extended Apache Forrests plugin system to allow plugins to
have Java source files and will be happy to merge the plugin and
whiteboard/xml stuff for you.

Ross