forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] HTML as base Forrest format
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2005 11:33:36 GMT
On Sab, 1 de Enero de 2005, 5:15, Nicola Ken Barozzi dijo:

> I would propose that we clearly state that HTML is the preferred source
> format for Forrest sites, and remove xdocs from the site template.
>
> This seems a bit backwards with the XHTML2 stuff, but I don't think so.
>
> The important thing is that (X)HTML(1|2) is used as a source format, so
> that many editors can be used and impedence on Forrest usage is
> minimized. The internals of Forrest are not generally known by users.
>
> This can also make it easier for us to do a step towards XHTML2, as we
> will need to put in the HTML handling the same things that will go in
> the 2 version.
>
> WDOT?

To be honest, I am OK with the current forrest formats too.

But I see the proposal fair enough: Our own DTDs are stripped-down
versions of HTML. I guess pursuing a HTML conformance will allow users to
take advantage of tools as Quanta et al. As you told, this will encourage
more the Forrest usage. Can be percieved as tear down the forrest
entry-level for newbies. And IMO, that is good. ;-)

Another posibility is to update our DTD's and write docs of how they can
enable application X to check forrest syntax.

As I said often, my wife is a content writer. She is very happy with the
current forrest formats too.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.