forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Blaschke <>
Subject Re: [plugin] Warning, Errors, Fatals and Libraries (again)
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:32:55 GMT
Sunday, January 2, 2005, 11:45:19 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ron Blaschke wrote:

>> - Libraries
> Yesterday, I committed support for libraries, but it is not documented
> yet (perhaps you could add a section to the docs). Update your version
> of Forrest with "svn up", you can then include libraries in a lib
> directory in the plugin.

Great, thanks!

>> - Errors and Warnings
>> - Tracing
> These are really Cocoon questions. I'm no expert with Cocoon so I'll let
> someone else answer to ensure it is correct ;-)

>> - forrest validate-xdocs
> Validation is done by Forrest itself, all source documents in the
> project are validated when the site is built using "forrest site". There
> is (should be?) no need for plugins to handle validation separately, or
> am I missing your point?

If I am not wrong, forrest validates the XML documents against their
DTDs.  But the pod-input plugin takes (Perl) Pod files as input, which
are not in XML.  (This might also apply to other future input plugins.)

This validaton is not really necessary for pod-input, b/c a) errors
will pop up during site generation and b) there will be very few
errors, mostly just warning.  I am asking more for sake of
completeness.  Another thought that just pops up: Should "raw content"
files (HTML, ZIP, PNG, ...) get validated?

View raw message