forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] HTML as base Forrest format
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:09:49 GMT
Mark Eggers wrote:
> I'm just a long-time reader of the dev mailing list,
> so I don't know if my comments are appropriate.

Yes, comments from anyone who reads this dev list are
appropriate. Even when we are actually voting on something,
then your vote is also appropriate. In the final analysis,
the votes of the Forrest Project Management Committee
are the only ones that count.

Here is a snippet from our draft guidelines ...
------
 All participants in the project are encouraged to show their
 preference for a particular action by voting. When the votes are
 tallied, only the votes of PMC members are binding. Non-binding
 votes are still useful to enable everyone to understand the
 perception of an action by the wider community.
------

--David