forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN Inconsitent Line Endings
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:27:42 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> >>Ayone got any ideas?
> >
> >I'd say we should find out why the HTML is generated with inconsistent
> >line endings in the first place.
>
> True.
>
> I did a little testing, here's what I have discovered so far:
>
> - any file that is processed by XSLT has the line endings problem
> - on investigating one such file (index.html) I discovered that the
> generated comments from site2xhtml.xsl (such as breadtrail comment) have
> CRLF endings whilst most other lines have LF endings.
>
> I'm running on Windows, and get the same results whether I run under
> CYGWIN or DOS.
>
> To reproduce cd into any plugin directory, do "ant docs" and check out
> the generated docs in build/site.

I did some investigation.

With today's SVN there are no source files with bad line-endings.

After doing 'cd main; build.sh' : no bad line-endings.

After doing 'cd new-dir; forrest seed site' : no bad line-endings there.

Now there are bad files in $FORREST_HOME./build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output/
Even the forrest.properties file has bad line-endings. Probably because the plugin was
downloaded and the remote package has these DOS line-endings.

Does the Ant target "unpack-plugin" need to fix line-endings for the relevant local OS?

--David