forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] HTML as base Forrest format
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:23:38 GMT
El mar, 04-01-2005 a las 05:03, Antonio Gallardo escribió:
> On Lun, 3 de Enero de 2005, 18:47, Ross Gardler dijo:
> I would therefore like to add my support to the suggestion (from David I
> > think) that we simply change the documentation to make it clear that
> > HTML and XHTML are suitable input formats whilst also identifying the
> > more rigid formats available. The HTMLArea plugin can be used to make
> > the barrier to entry for new users very low.
> +1
> That sounds better! :-D

"...project can choose to use XDocs, Writer, XHTML,
Docbook or any other support format." (Ross G.)

That is the point, we should not limit the format (html4) but extend
them. ;-)

If Nicola wants to go with html4, go for it, mate. I will use xdocs till
I change to xhtml2. ;-)

Forrest is about free choice of input/output formats. Just manifest that
in the docu and that's it.

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message