forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating Forrest for debian, packaging questions
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:32:18 GMT
On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 08:29 +0100, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Marcus Crafter wrote:
>
> > From anywhere on the system, /usr/bin/forrest would use the single
> > installation for all users.
> >
> > This behaviour seems to have changed somewhat from what I can tell -
> > as this approach currently fails with a:
> > ERROR   2005-01-03 17:02:03.791 [        ] (): Directory '.' is not
> > readable/writable
> > Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Directory '.' is not
> > readable/writable
> >         at
> > org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.getDir(CocoonWrapper.java:253)
> >         at
> > org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:106)
> >         at
> > org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:98)
> >         at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:320)
> >
> I am pretty sure that this was a cocoon problem and it has been fixed. I
> have not been able to find the mails, but I am sure that it has been
> fixed on the development version.

Yes, this was a cocoon problem.  The cocoon that Forrest uses has been
upgraded on the forrest trunk (0.7-dev).

Cocoon for Forrest 0.6.1-dev has not yet been upgraded.  It's something
I am currently working on but there are some interesting issues.  I'll
compile a list (hopefully later on today or tomorrow) under a new
thread.

Rick