forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Glen Tulukin" <g...@iteclectic.com>
Subject Re: search engine friendly skins
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:07:26 GMT
Sounds good as long as we can associate a flexible meta data with document.
I agree that cocoon xmap is better than document().

A question. To make my use case complete... I know that we can aggregate. Do
you design any capabilities of forking. Let's go back to my jpg example. I
need to produce two additional documents that have distinct list of
locations and distinct list of authors respectively -- I go through each
document (i.e. jpg) get "location" and "author" (meta data associated with
each jpg), generate html for each jpg and add location to locations doc and
add author to authors doc. Yes, I know that I can put location or author to
the session or I can use Xalan's redirect() but I guess it's probably not
the best approach.
I want to avoid additional aggregate processes -- one for locations and one
for authors.

Glen