forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lenya may start using Forrest Plugins
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:59:08 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I just got some ideas reading the lasts mails on the topic:
>
> 1. We can define Forrest doctype in the default lenya (outside a
> publication). Maybe this is one of the (1st(s)?) pieces we need to have.
> Lenya can use forrest doctypes. I mean to manage (content, FAQ, status and
> so on). I guess using BXENG we can also define a editor for this forrest
> content.

IMHO we should do away with custom DTDs and only use (X)HTML(2) as a
basic source format. We should use divs or looser character conventions
to rework our FAQ, status, etc formats. In this way they become
automatically editable in htmltextarea.

> 2. Then Lenya can make use of forrest pipelines to render the pages.
>
> 3. I still see a problem in merging of Lenya "sitetree.xml" vs. site.xml
> and tabs.xml. But we can do that in a separated subtask of the overall
> project.

IMHO the basic site.xml format has to be rediscussed. Could you
highlight the differences with sitetree.xml for us?

> 5. A big question still in my mind is: the integration (Lenya and Forrest)
> needs to be in the same servlet (running in the same servlet) or as 2
> diferent applications (2 diferent servlets).

Go figure! ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -