forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: search engine friendly skins
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:21:19 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
>
>> On Friday 17 December 2004 01:31, Glen Tulukin wrote:
>>
>>> <xsl:template match="document">
>>>     <window-title><xsl:value-of
>>> select="header/meta[@name='window-title']"/></window-title>
>>>       <keywords><xsl:value-of
>>> select="header/meta[@name='keywords']"/></keywords>
>>

>> Is anyone going to add this to document2html.xsl ? As I understand it,
>> for the distribution it needs to be in each of the skins
>> document2html.xsl files.
>

> If someone submits a patch there is a much higher chance of it being
> committed (meaning I certainly won't do the work at this time, but I
> would be willing to commit the patch when time allows).

Actually, I was just reviewing this change and the mail it comes from (
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=110324061019177&w=2 ). Why
is document2html creating non-html content (as far as I am aware

Using the same examples as in the above thread, why doesn't the
document2html just convert:

<document>
     <header>
         <title>This is going to be the Document Title in mainarea</title>
keyword2 keyword2 </meta>
     </header>

to the html equivalent of:

     <head>
         <title>This is going to be the Document Title in mainarea</title>
keyword2 keyword2 </meta>
     </head>

and then site2xhtml.xsl has

       <head>
         <!-- old title:
         <title><xsl:value-of
select="div[@class='content']//div[@id='apphead']/h2/em"/></title>
         -->
         <title><xsl:value-of
select="html/head/meta-data[@name='window-title']"/></title>

This would keep us more inline XHTMl and will make the transition to
XHTML as an intermediate format much easier.

Ross