forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins for Forrest? ...
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:21:00 GMT
Ron Blaschke wrote:
> I currently looking at the new plugin stuff, which is just great.  It
> took me less than two hours to set up an input plugin, which generates
> some sample xdoc.
>
> Since I got my editor already fired up, I started implementing a Perl
> Pod input plugin.
>
> Here's an example of how far I already got.
> http://www.rblasch.org/projects/pod-input/perlpod.html
>
> This is how it probably should look like
> http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.6/pod/perlpod.pod

This is cool stuff and compliments the POD-output stuff extremely well
(not a plugin yet, still in core).

Do you intend to make this plugin available via the auto-install
features of Forrest? We just need to add the information to our
published plugins.xml and have the plugin zip avialable from a download
site.

 > Plugins for Forrest? Sweet!

If it makes the entry barrier as low as you say then I think we did the
right thing :-))

Ross