forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuring output plugins (was Re: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-409) PDF: should be able to change font size and style in skinconf.xml)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:42:18 GMT
scott hutinger wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> issues@cocoondev.org wrote:
>>
>> From FOR-409

>> OK, so how do we configure output-plugins? Here is a suggestion to get
>> us started:

> I think possibly another pdf plugin would need to be required when doing
> things like a 1 to 1 file mapping with changes going on per file.  I
> think a standard plugin for pdf output, and then someone may need to
> create another pdf output to do more specialized things.

Sorry, I'm not following you. Are you suggesting that we create a
different plugin for every use case? Surely, a single configurable
plugin that covers the majority of use-cases would be more sensible.

Sure, there may be advanced use cases requiring editing of stylesheets
and the like, but that it poweruser stuff. For the maojoority of users a
configurable plugin would be just fine.

> Or possibly
> settings for specific files(user supplied- or a list of), and a default
> setting.  Possibly choose you pdf output such as skin for the default
> output.

I'm totally lost here I'm afraid, could you explain some more.

Ross