forrest-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: Configuring output plugins (was Re: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-409) PDF: should be able to change font size and style in skinconf.xml)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:14:23 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> issues@cocoondev.org wrote:
>
> From FOR-409
>
>> The following comment has been added to this issue:
>>
>>      Author: Ross Gardler
>>     Created: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 7:33 AM
>>        Body:
>> The configuration of output-plugins has not yet been finalised as
>> there is
>
> > still experimentation with the replacement for skins.
>

>> Right now the configuration remains in skinconf.xml, which is *not* the
>
> > right place since that will mean skinconf.xml will have entries for
> > plugins that are not relevent.
>

>> Perhaps we should have an interim solution. I'll start a thread in
>> the lists
>
> > and link it back here once it appears in the archives.
>
> OK, so how do we configure output-plugins? Here is a suggestion to get
> us started:
>
> Each plugin provides a default pluginconf.xml which contains things
> like font size, page size, page-orientation (in the PDF plugin).
>
> <pluginconf>
>   <org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output>
>       <size>small</size>
>       <family>serif</family>
>     <page-orientation>portrait</page-orientation>
>   </org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output>
> </pluginconf>
>
> The values in this file can be overridden by a pluginconf.xml file in
> the project.home. For example:
>
> <pluginconf>
>   <org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output>
>       <size>small</size>
>       <family>serif</family>
>     <page-orientation>portrait</page-orientation>
>   </org.apache.forrest.plugin.pdf-output>
>
>   <org.apache.forrest.plugin.text-output>
>     <tab-width>4</tab-width>
>   </org.apache.forrest.plugin.text-output>
> </pluginconf>
>
> It will not be possible to put all the skinconf.xml stuff in this file
> as the skin will not know to look for it. For example, we could not
> use this file to turn on/off the PDF link in HTML pages, we'll have to
> wait for Fbits for this.
>
> Ross

I think possibly another pdf plugin would need to be required when doing
things like a 1 to 1 file mapping with changes going on per file.  I
think a standard plugin for pdf output, and then someone may need to
create another pdf output to do more specialized things.  Or possibly
settings for specific files(user supplied- or a list of), and a default
setting.  Possibly choose you pdf output such as skin for the default
output.

scott

scott