forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@apache.org>
Subject [help] Upgrading Cocoon in Forrest
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:48:10 GMT
Hi all,

I'm very close to being ready to committing a nice big patch to get
Forrest in line with the latest cocoon trunk (2.2.0-dev).

This included changes to the following:

* The Forrest java code now uses the Serviceable interfaces (ie. using
avalon.framework.service.* rather than avalon.framework.component.*)
* It appears JCS (used for stores) has been replaced with EHCache.
* The site: linkrewriting with jxpath 1.2 still doesn't work with the upgrade.

There's two issues I'm having.

First Issue: EHCache
---------------------

I am having a problem with the EHCache piece.  When running a "forrest
site", a ton of DEBUG messages from EHCache appear on the screen rather
than being logged to the expected debug target.

Here's what I'm seeing (many many many lines like these):

<sample>
DEBUG   2004-12-07 14:41:06.973 [net.sf.e] (): Creating new CacheManager
with config URL:
jar:file:/home/rick/projects/forrest/van/lib/core/cocoon-2.2.0-dev.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml
</sample>

Does anyone with experience in cocoon / logging / cachestores have an idea
of what I can configure  differently to make these go away?

Second Issue
-------------

Before I commit all this stuff, I'd like to have a good fallback point so
that if things are really messed up, we can say, do an "svn update -r
NNNNN" and things will be fine while we sort out the icky bits.

Right now, with the jxpath 1.2 in place, the site: URLs are not being
re-written properly.  So, I'd like to roll that commit back and commit
with the older jxpath jars.

Then, with the updated cocoon in place in Forrest, we can figure out why
the LinkRewriter bits aren't working with the jxpath 1.2, contribute a
patch to cocoon (I believe that's where the LinkRewriter currently lives)
and then upgrade jxpath / cocoon.

Thoughts on the above two items?

--
Rick Tessner