forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest-core (Re: mini-forrest (was Re: Recommended DTD version?))
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 19:54:08 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> In the light of cocoon writing a new core, maybe we should think about
>> integrating cocoon smoother into forrest. Over in lenya there is a
>> recent thread about cocoon versions. That made me think about how can we
>> keep everything as small as possible. I mean something like including
>> cocoon via svn:external.
>>

> Sorry for the newbie question: what is "svn:external"?

I've never used it so am not 100% sure of its uses but from
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.6 I
gather "The svn:externals property contains instructions for Subversion
to populate a versioned directory with one or more other checked-out
Subversion working copies."

In other words, do a checkout of project A and automatically get
relevant content from project B as well.

More info at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s03.html

Ross