forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject whitespace again (was: Updated jxpath to 1.2 again.)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 06:15:50 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> David Crossley dijo:
>
>>By the way, it was difficult to see from the
>>diff emails what was changed in cocoon.xconf
>>It would be better to do whitespace changes
>>as separate commits.
>
> Yes, I noted that. jEdit, automatically remove trailing spaces. :-(
>
> I will try to take care next time. ;-)

We had a huge discussion on this a while ago
at cocoon-dev. Editors that mess with whitespace
are dangerous. What we agreed there, was that
occasionally a committer who has a proper editor
should correct the whitespace across all files in
one batch, applying a set of whitespace rules.

http://cocoon.apache.org/community/committer.html#whitespace

--David