forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject mini-forrest (was Re: Recommended DTD version?)
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:07:25 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:

>> We could upgrade the cocoon xdocs to use these new DTDs because during
>> Cocoon's 'build docs' it calls Forrest to do the work.
>>
>> However, when running Cocoon as as a webapp and using the live
>> documentation localhost:8888/docs/ you would notice that it uses old
>> stylesheets that are dependent on the old DTDs. Stuck ...
>

> Ah damn, I missed that point :-(
>
> Mmmh... can't Cocoon embed a "mini-Forrest" for this local publishing
> (with the appropriate warnings that it's not the full Forrest) just like
> it embeds a "mini-Jetty"?

As more and more functionality gets moved into plugins proper this will
become a possability. If someone were to create such a "mini-forrest" we
could use this as a starting point for the fully plugin-ised Forrest.
Basically we could have a branch for this mimi-forrest and as we move
plugins out of core into plugins in that branch.

We would start with the essential internals of Forrest in mini-forrest,
then gradually build it back up again until mini-forrest + plugins can
do everything trunk forrest can do.

I'd be +1 with assisting with this work, although my baby is due any day
so expect me to slow down soon.

Ross