forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Recommended DTD version?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:00:10 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I've been playing with HTMLarea and Cocoon Forms lately to edit XML
> documents (not producing strings, but real XML DOM), and I started
> building a sample to edit Cocoon docs... and found a lot of different
> xdoc dtd versions. I would like to migrate to a consistent version.

Sounds superb, I knocked together a very simple HTMLArea plugin for
Forrest the other day. Your work sounds far better, I must take a look.

> So the question is: what is the "mainstream" document DTD version? 2.0
> is the latest, but it seems that 1.3 is used internally in Forrest. So
> is 2.0 stable, or should we stick to 1.3?

We are now writing in 2.0 the reason being that this is closer to
XHTML2. In our next release our internal format will be a subset of
XHTML2 (don't worry, we will be providing internal conversion from older
formats).

This XHTML2 work is very early days (planning really). So I would say
DTD 2.0 is your best bet. Since we are moving tho the XHTML2 subset it
is very unlikely that we will make any major changes to 2.0.

Ross