forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: plugin for DITA
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 17:21:35 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> I couldn't be certain without knowing more about DITA, but I'll give
>>> the generic answer:
>>>
>>> I have heard of DITA once before. In that thread it was mentioned
>>> that there are a set of DITA to HTML XLST stylesheets. It would,
>>> probably, be best to leverage those and not convert to Forrests xdoc
>>> format.
>>>
>>> I would *guess* you need to:
>>>
>>> DITA --> HTML --> XDoc --> Forrest site
>>>      /\        /\       /\
>>>      1         2        3
>>>
>>> 1 would be the DITA XSLT's
>>>
>>> 2 would be the .xsl
>>>
>>> 3 is the normal Forrest stuff
>>>
>>> 1 & 2 would be your DITA input plugin.
>>>

>> 2 is part of forrest core so the DITA input plugin should only do 1.
>> Right?
>

> Yes, it appears I forgot to type document2html in the description of 2.
>
> Ross

No, I accidentally deleted it.  Sorry for the confusion :-)

What I wanted to make clear is that the input plugin can produce an html
document and that is enough.  It does not have to do the conversion to
our current intermediate format (xdoc).

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming