forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: math support
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:13:34 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:

>Often time when I'm writing forrest documents, I have to embed
>mathematical formulae and so forth. Currently I just use HTML symbols
>and regular english, but thats a cheap workaround. Is there someway we
>could support math in forrest -- something like mathml or latex
>support?

I have been looking on this this morning. My suggestion is to use open
office.

Either you make the equations with oomath or insert the equations
embedded on the oofile (a subdirectory with content.xml will be
produced). The "Modified W3C MathML" is the format used

Then this format can be converted to svg using
http://jeuclid.sourceforge.net/  All this stuff need to be on a plug-in.

Diwaker, open an issue so this will not be forgotten.

Cheers,
Cheche