forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: math support
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:16:02 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>
>> Often time when I'm writing forrest documents, I have to embed
>> mathematical formulae and so forth. Currently I just use HTML symbols
>> and regular english, but thats a cheap workaround. Is there someway we
>> could support math in forrest -- something like mathml or latex
>> support?
>>

> Probably around a year ago this was brought up on the mailing list.

> Nothing every came of it though.  I don't remember the details, but I'm
> sure there's some way we could create a MathML->PNG plugin.

I'm still very keen to see a solution around this. Unfortunately it has
not yet bubbled to the surface of my ToDo list.

However, if I recall those threads correctly there are the necessary
components, it's just that someone needs to bring them together. Perhaps
with the plugin system this will be more manageable.

Ross