forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Validation error with Crimson (WAS: Re: Plugin release process)
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 03:06:53 GMT
Rick Tessner wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>

>>> At Cocoon we call forrest (still forrest-0.5.1) via
>>> the cocoon build.xml where we set the classpath before
>>> doing that call.
>>

>> OK, Rick, can you try and patch the plugin build file by looking at
>> the Cocoon build.xml file (Ican't reproduce this behaviour).
>

> Will do.

Me thinks I'm loosing my mind ...

It's definitely a classpath issue.  Now, the interesting thing is if I
explicity set the CLASSPATH environment variable to contain all the jars
in $FORREST_HOME/lib/*/*.jar and then run the "ant test" it works just
fine (well, except for a character encoding problem but that's a
different unrelated problem).

I then unset the classpath and run the "ant test" and it fails as expected.

Okay, so definitely classpath.

Edit the main/targets/validate.xml and add the classpathref attribute to
the <xmlvalidate> task.  Give it a value of "forrest.cp" which is <path>
set up in the <-prepare-classpath> task in main/forrest.build.xml (it is
this build file that is referenced by the plugins/build.xml).

Run the "ant test" again.  Fails with the same problem.

Okay, try explicitly setting the <classpath> element as a child of
<xmlvalidate>.

Run the "ant test" again.  Fails again, same problem.

I think I'm stuck.  Will try again with fresh eyes tomorrow. :(

--
Rick Tessner
rick at apache dot org