forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Plugin release process (was Re: svn commit: r109379 - /forrest/trunk/docs-author/status.xml)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:20:56 GMT
rick@apache.org wrote:
> Author: rick
> Date: Wed Dec  1 13:29:46 2004
> New Revision: 109379

> Log:
> Added the text-output plugin
> Modified:
>    forrest/trunk/docs-author/status.xml

If this is ready for use please do an "ant deploy" in the plugin
directory, this will make the plugin zip available via the forest website.

At present there is no release process for plugins. We have simply been
releasing them when new features have been added.

However, we will need to manage the official release of plugins (which
should also include a publishing of the plugin documentation to the
website).

How should we manage this process?

Ross

PS Thanks for your great work on this Rick, I will shortly need to
update the site I wrote the original xdoc2txt stuff for. It is superb
that I won't have to refine the code before the next update. (I love
Open Source)