forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Unit tests (was: svn commit: r122833 - /forrest/trunk/main/build.xml)
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:30:22 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@apache.org>:

> >>If you feel that we should validate the
> >>skinconf for :
> >>

> >Well do you think that we should do this?
> >

> Well, we are validating a configuration file that does not have all
> possible options. So this feels like a partial test.
>
> I think that we (forrest) need to have more test units, and this
> validation task should be more over there .
> How dificult can be to setup Junit for xml?

What sort of XML unit testing do you want to do besides validate against a DTD?

Other unit tests and integration tests we should look in to are ones to verify
that the different parts of pipelines do the proper transformations.  I think
the nature of Forrest (and Cocoon) make it hard to test specific things (e.g.
make sure that .jspwiki conversion "works", whatever that means, while ignoring
all HTML from the skin, menu, header, etc).  Some places for us to start looking
are:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/UnitTestingStylesheetsAndPipelines
http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/
http://products.actimind.com/actiWATE/