forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project forrest (in module forrest) failed
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:06:01 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@apache.org>:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >That was a drastic way to "solve" a problem.
> >

> but, do you think that it is the right solution?

I think the skinconf should validate, but that it isn't necessary to build
forrest.  So this cheche's change is good, but we also need to fix the skinconf.xml

> >>Maybe I should look to install a gump system here somewhere, It would be
> >>faster to test this stuff out.
> >>

> >http://brutus.apache.org/
> >The main gump does run twice per day and the kaffe run is in-between.
> >So that is plenty.
> >

> ok, but then we make a change and we have to wait 6 hours to test it :-)

For those unfamiliar with Gump, as I was once, our project file is in CVS at
gump/project/forrest.xml.  If you look at it (see
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/project/forrest.xml?view=markup) you can
see the <ant> element specifies how the gump run is done.  So you can run "ant
-Dversion=testdate gump" in main/ and that will fairly accurately simulate a
gump run.  I'm not sure the best way to get exact classpath and jars that gump
would use, but that's not related to this specific problem anyway.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal