forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [help] Upgrading Cocoon in Forrest
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:06:17 GMT
Quoting Rick Tessner <rick@apache.org>:

> * It appears JCS (used for stores) has been replaced with EHCache.
>

> First Issue: EHCache
> ---------------------
>
> I am having a problem with the EHCache piece.  When running a "forrest
> site", a ton of DEBUG messages from EHCache appear on the screen rather
> than being logged to the expected debug target.
>
> Here's what I'm seeing (many many many lines like these):
>
> <sample>
> DEBUG   2004-12-07 14:41:06.973 [net.sf.e] (): Creating new CacheManager
> with config URL:

jar:file:/home/rick/projects/forrest/van/lib/core/cocoon-2.2.0-dev.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/store/impl/ehcache.xml
> </sample>
>
> Does anyone with experience in cocoon / logging / cachestores have an idea
> of what I can configure  differently to make these go away?

http://ehcache.sourceforge.net/documentation/#mozTocId265501 says its using
Apache Commons logging, so the web.xml setting we did a while ago to get JCS
commons-logging messages to go through Cocoon still applies (see
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/JCSLogging).

I don't have time to look at it tonight, but we can probably just modify
logkit.xconf to suppress the ehcache stuff some more.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal